Mahoning Valley Senior Centers
Mahoning Valley Senior Centers have one main center with four satellite centers.
Chore Services Program
The Mahoning Valley Senior Center rolls out new chore services program for seniors living in Columbiana, Mahoning or Trumbull County.
For an estimate on your repair or chore, call the Senior Center at 330.744.5071 and ask for the chore services manager.
FREE help is available for seniors 60 years of age and older who need assistance with:
Applications for utility assistance
- Home energy assistance program (HEAP) and Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP PLUS).
- AT&T lifeline discount for home phone service.
- Homestead Exemption for sewer service (only certain areas).
- Utility disconnection assistance referrals.
Advance Directives - Education and Form Completion
- Living Wills
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare
Medical Coverage Review
- Education about medical coverage options
- Review and enrollment for Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage Plans, and Extra help
- Application for Medicaid QMB/SLMB
- Prescription Assistance Program applications
- Medical bill review and assistance with assistance programs or payment plans
- Weight management
- Alzheimer's support group (in collaboration with the Alzheimer's Association)
- Caregivers' support group (in collaboration with the Area Agency on Aging)
*Referrals to community resources for home delivered meals, transportation, and activities * Any other questions you may have